Advantage is a
Gibraltar based insurer authorised to underwrite private motor, motorcycle, van and home insurance in the United Kingdom.
Advantage is a Gibraltar based insurer set up in 2002 and licensed by the Gibraltar Financial Services Commission to underwrite business in the UK by way of the EU freedom of services provisions.
Advantage is a specialist underwriter which primarily underwrites private car insurance which represents approximately 90% of its overall business, with the remaining 10% covering motorcycle, van and home insurance.
Advantage insurance products are exclusively sold in the UK being distributed under the terms of a service agreement with Hastings Insurance Services Limited trading as HastingsDirect, a UK Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) regulated insurance intermediary.
The service agreement governs the provision of intermediary services and outsourced services, such as underwriting support and claims handling.
Both the Company and Hastings Insurance Services Limited are subsidiaries of Hastings Group Holdings plc.
The Company differentiates itself from competitors through agile, real-time pricing, data driven risk selection and anti-fraud capabilities, uniquely suited to the price comparison websites. These are supported by a low-cost underwriting platform, a prudent reinsurance strategy and conservative claims reserving and investment management strategies.
Please enter requested details to download a copy of the SFCR report.